Stories

Tonight, I thank my God for stories. I tend to find life difficult to deal with. Stories are my escape. I love happy endings. But sometimes I love those that aren't as happy just as much. I love both the trajic and the comedic. Perhaps it is because my life seems to carry touches of both. Some days it is strange how much I long for my happily ever after, my happy ending. But still there are those moments where I just want things to be right. Not necessarily perfectly happy, but right. As if the rightness transcends whatever "happy" may be. I love stories. Passionately. A story isn't just an event or series of events. It's more. It's happenings that form a grander meaning; that either in the moment or later on you learn from, or someone else can learn from. Our own stories may seem to be crazy-random-happenstance, but perhaps they could provide a wealth of knowledge to someone else. Perhaps someone else has just the story that we need to hear. God is the Author or our Faith. He's been on the best-seller list for a few millenia now. Surely we should take the time to listen to one or two of the few billion he's got in progress now?

Abba,
Thank you for stories.

Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home