Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

.

Dignity? I Hope Not.

I watched Lord of the Rings last weekend. Friday was the Fellowship, Saturday was Two Towers and Sunday was Return of the King. I laughed. I cried. I was eerily giddy. I've watched these movies more times than I can count and I still have the same reaction each time. It had been over a year since I had seen them in their entirety. You'd think I would have calmed down a bit. But no. I'm still just as much of a die-hard fangirl as I was when I first immersed myself in Middle Earth back in junior high.

But how can you not love these films and these books? I know some people can't stand them, but I don't see how. They're just so epic. The story says so much about the human condition, about everything that's wrong and right with people. I can't help but feel a deep connection to it.

I could go on all day about the awesomeness of all things Tolkien, but I won't. Hopefully I'll write a book about it someday. Until then, I'll just be here, books in hand, watching the movies with my Legolas standee. :D

1 Comment:

  1. Zesty Zombie said...
    Okay, so there are these two books. One is "Walking with Bilbo" and the other is "Walking with Frodo". They are Christian non-fiction books. I think we should read one or both of them.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home