It's November Again!

Ah. November. National Novel Writing Month.
This thought horrifies. It's still hard to believe that at one point I sat down and wrote a novel in a month. It can be done. I didn't really sleep much, but it happened.
Now here we are again. November. Apparently there's some sort of election going on. And some vampire movie is coming out. Whatever.
This is a whole freaking month dedicated to the craft of novel-writing. That means that if I go a day without getting something written on the novel, I feel like a jerk. A big, uninspired and uninspiring jerk. Ugh.
This is not going to be easy.
One of the rules for NaNoWriMo is that you have to start a whole new novel. No, "Well, I wrote a chapter or two of this thing last year...". Nope. Can't have that. But I just don't have the heart to write a whole new novel. My brain is swimming with stuff for this one. I'm scared to see what would happen if I swapped my trains of thought now. So what am I going to do?
Trudge on.
That's all I really can do. I'm hoping that all of the novel-talk will keep me going. Keep me typing. Let me tell you, folks. You want to know what the hardest thing about writing a novel is? The next word.
So, I'm just dedicating the month of November to the next word. In the end, that's really all I've got.

- Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home