Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

.

New Poem - The Boss

From inside the womb
was heard a rhythm,
a gentle thump
that sounded like
Nebraska.

She emerged from the darkness
into a familiar stranger's
waiting hands.
Callused palms that cradled her
as he swayed and sang
about a dead dog
who existence
would always bring a tear to her eye.

Together they would
sing the songs
of this six-string guitar god,
some lower deity
descended from Elvis's Mt. Olympus.
They sang of velvet rims,
yellow men,
and racin' in the street.
And no one could touch them.

Not illness or death,
nor the thick Jersey air.

They were tramps.
Together.
Born to believe.

1 Comment:

  1. Kalford said...
    I love the fluidity of it and the unique descriptions mentioned. I saying this based on the belief this poem is about your dad, so if it is not I'm way off :) But it makes me smile, calloused hands and string-string gods, so great. I love it!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home