Shel Silverstein Can Read My Mind


Writer Waiting

Oh this shiny new computer ---
There just isn't nothin' cuter.
It knows everything the world ever knew.
And with this great computer
I don't need no writin' tutor,
'Cause there ain't a single thing that it can't do.
It can sort and it can spell,
It can punctuate as well.
It can find and file and underline and type.
It can edit and select,
It can copy and correct,
So I'll have a whole book written by tonight
(Just as soon as it can think of what to write).


- Shel Silverstein

2 Comments:

  1. Zesty Zombie said...
    HAHAHAHA!!! I love that! I think that teachers and stuff need to remember that as well. lol
    Zesty Zombie said...
    "I write when I'm inspired, and I see to it that I'm inspired at nine o'clock every morning." Peter de Vries

    "Writing is easy. All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead." - Gene Fowler

    I thought of you. :D

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home