The end cometh...

I started writing my current novel, Solomon's Light in November of 2007. Today, June 2009, I have completed the outline for the end of the book. As it stands now, I should be done writing it by the end of the summer.

Wow.

But this means that the hardest part is coming up:
The last sentence.

I could write opening lines all day long, but the last line? That's a whole other ball game. I don't want it to be hokey or cliche. I want it to be a good ending. I know, generally speaking, how the book will end, but I don't know the specific scene that will take place. I've also got the strike that precarious balance between a solid ending and something that leaves you wanting to know what happens next.

Well, I suppose the only thing there really is to do is to get writing.

Here goes nothing.

1 Comment:

  1. Kalford said...
    Yea! You can do it!! I am going to compete to buy the first copy!! Get to writing missy!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home