Water Water Everywhere

Psalm 23:2
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

Psalm 33:7
He gathers the waters of the sea into jars ; he puts the deep into storehouses.

Psalm 78:15
He split the rocks in the desert and gave them water as abundant as the seas;

Psalm 93:4
Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea— the LORD on high is mighty.

Psalm 147:18
He sends his word and melts them; he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow.

Matthew 10:42
And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

Mark 14:13
So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, "Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him.

Luke 5:4
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch."

John 4:14
but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."


Water is a blessing. This is made clear in the Bible. While there are plenty of references to being in water too deep, water is primarily used as a blessing. Sometimes metaphorically, sometimes literally.

It rained today. I was sitting on our porch tonight, watching it rain. I have a tendency to think of everything poetically and tonight it was bothering me. I didn't want to see this rain shower as anything but rain. I asked God to just let my mind shut up for once.

Instead, he whispered: "Sarah, rain is falling from the sky."

Poetically speaking, God rains his blessings down on us.

Literally speaking, God rains his blessings down on us.

Look at the clouds and listen as he speaks: "My rain falls from the sky."

1 Comment:

  1. Zesty Zombie said...
    Last night I got caught in the rain walking from building to building, not so fun. But when I got back inside I opened the windows just to listen to it. It was God's lullaby to me last night after a really crappy day. That was very nice. :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home